Medical Assistant Program
Medical Assistants (MA) are able to complete administrative and clinical tasks in the offices of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, and other healthcare practitioners. Duties of a MA include: performing routine tasks and procedures such as measuring patients’ vital signs, administering medications and injections, recording information in medical records, preparing and handling medical instruments and supplies, collecting and preparing specimens of bodily fluids and tissues for laboratory testing. The MA program is 526 hrs and it consists of five (5) courses as outline below.
Requirements for Enrollment for this program offered at Chosen Healthcare:
- Must be 18 years or older at the time of enrollment
- Graduated High School Transcript/GED Transcript or Graduated College Transcript (ALL TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE HAND DELIVERED TO THE SCHOOL LOCATION. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!)
- Drivers license or Government issued Identification
- Social Security Card (Non-Laminated)
- If the first (1st) class registering for is Medication Aide, and/or C.N.A. II, an additional requirement applies.
- If the C.N.A. I course listed below was completed at a different school, a transcript from were the class was completed is required and a copy of the C.N.A. I registry is also required. No other courses completed outside the school will be accepted.
*Need to have these requirements above on hand before registering for this program. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- Completed Application (after paying the registration fee or up to full tuition payment)
- Physical Exam: Need to have this on hand before the start of any first (1st) class. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- Criminal Background Check (can be completed at Chosen Health Care Institute for $20) Had to been done within one (1) calendar year
- TB test (can be completed at Chosen Health Care Institute for $20) Had to been done within one (1) calendar year
Schedule: The following suggested order for taking the courses in the MA program (depending on availability) are as follows:
- Certified Nursing Assistant I (C.N.A. I)
- Medication Aide
- Certified Nursing Assistant II (C.N.A. II)
- Electrocardiogram Tech (EKG)
After completion of these courses, students will then complete 200 hours (around five (5) weeks or so) of internship for completion of the MA program.
*Notes: If any of the above classes were completed at another institution, student must contact the school before registering for this program.
After the completion of all 5 courses, it’s respective clinical’s & The MA Internship (200 hours), students will be eligible to take the NHA Exam for MA either at Chosen Healthcare Institute Inc. or at the PSI testing center.
Duration of the program: 5 – 7 months
Cost: Follow the individual course costs for each course listed above.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR ANY COURSES FOR THIS PROGRAM IS THE THURSDAY BEFORE THE COURSE START DATE!!!!!