Phlebotomists are medical professionals who draw blood from patients for various lab tests and procedures. Major course objectives include: basic terminology, basic anatomy and physiology, mastering proper needle techniques, and infection and safety precautions. We offer the opportunity to become a phlebotomist through a 160 hr 8 weeks course where students will be educated on the skills to become a safe phlebotomist.
Upon Completion of the Course & Clinical. Students will be eligible to take NHA Exam either at Chosen Healthcare Institute Inc, or at the PSI testing center.
Requirements for Enrollment for any course offered at Chosen Health Care:
- Two forms of ID (Government issued ID and Social Security Card)
- High School Transcript/GED Transcript or Graduated College Transcript
- Criminal back ground check can be completed at Chosen Health Care Institute for $20 or at Mecklenburg County Court House for $25 (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- Physical Exam completed at clinic or Physician’s office (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- TB test (can be completed at Chosen Health Care Institute for $20) (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- Must have Hepatitis B Shot or copy of Hepatitis B Shot record
Duration of the Class: 8 weeks (2 months)
Course Hours: 160 Class Hours: 80 Lab Hours: 80
Cost: $900.00 (This includes the $50.00 Non Refundable Registration Fee)
Download Application Form
* Class dates, times, Tuition and fees, and other materials are subject to change without prior Notice.