This program is designed to prepare the participant to meet the requirements of the Medication Aide Act and to assume the role and responsibilities of a Medication Aide. The training is intended for the Medication Aide in an assisted living facility, nursing facility, or intermediate care facility for the mentally retarded. It may also be used to train Medication Aides in other settings. The Medication Aide training program covers the basic preparation for administration of medications by unlicensed persons in a skilled nursing facility setting.
Requirements for Enrollment for this course offered at Chosen Healthcare:
- Must be 18 years or older at the time of enrollment
- Graduated High School Transcript/GED Transcript or Graduated College Transcript
- Drivers license or Government issued Identification
- Social Security Card (Non-Laminated)
- Copy of current C.N.A. I Registry (C.N.A. I Registry can be verified and printed off here)
*Need to satisfy these requirements above before registering for this class.
- Completed Application (after paying the registration fee or up to full tuition payment)
- Criminal back ground check can be completed at Chosen Health Care Institute for $20 or at the Mecklenburg County Court House for $25 (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- Physical Exam completed at clinic or Physician’s office (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- TB test (can be completed at Chosen Health Care Institute for $20) (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
Duration of the class: 1 week
Course Hours: 24 Class Hours: 18 Lab Hours: 6
Cost: $250.00 (This includes the $50.00 Non Refundable Registration Fee**)
**The $50.00 Non-Refundable Registration Fee must be paid either in Cash or in a Money Order, and must be done at the school location!!!!!
*For information about payment plan, click here and search “Payment Plan Policy”.
*Please call and check for availability of classes before starting the registration process!!!!!!
Please click the button below to download the Enrollment Application:
Download Application Form
* Class dates, times, Tuition and fees, and other materials are subject to change without prior Notice.