This program is designed to prepare the participant to meet the requirements of the Medication Aide Act and to assume the role and responsibilities of a Medication Aide. The training is intended for the Medication Aide in an assisted living facility, nursing facility, or intermediate care facility for the mentally retarded. It may also be used to train Medication Aides in other settings. The Medication Aide training program covers the basic preparation for administration of medications by unlicensed persons in a skilled nursing facility setting.
Requirements for Enrollment for any course offered at Chosen Healthcare:
- Must be a CNA I (print out of CNA I listing is required)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Two forms of ID (Government issued ID and Social Security Card)
- High School Transcript/GED Transcript or Graduated College Transcript
- Physical Exam completed at clinic or Physician’s office (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- TB test (can be completed at Chosen Health Care Institute for $20) (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- Criminal back ground check can be completed at Chosen Health Care Institute for $20 or at Mecklenburg County Court House for $25 (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
Duration of the class: 1 week
Course Hours: 24 Class Hours: 18 Lab Hours: 6
Cost: $250.00 (This includes the $50.00 Non Refundable Registration Fee)
Please call us for the most up to date information regarding the class dates before registering for this course.
Please click the button below to download the Enrollment Application:
Download Application Form
* Class dates, times, Tuition and fees, and other materials are subject to change without prior Notice.