Medical Billing & Coding
Medical Billing and Coding Technician
The Medical Billing and Coding Technician course is designed to provide students with skills that are important in billing and coding patient’s services in the Doctor’s offices, Hospitals, etc. The student will be trained in Medicaid, Medicare, Insurances, Hospitals and other claims. This course prepares graduates for certification as a Certified Medical Billing and Coding Technician.
- Must be 18 years or older at the time of enrollment
- Graduated High School Transcript/GED Transcript or Graduated College Transcript
- Drivers license or Government issued Identification
- Social Security Card (Non-Laminated)
*Need to satisfy these requirements above before registering for this class.
- Completed Application (after paying the registration fee or up to full tuition payment)
- Criminal back ground check can be completed at Chosen Health Care Institute for $20 or at the Mecklenburg County Court House for $25 (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- Physical Exam completed at clinic or Physician’s office (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- TB test (can be completed at Chosen Health Care Institute for $20) (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- Copy of Drug Test Record (Had to be done within one (1) calendar year)
Duration of the class: 10 weeks
Course Hours: 260 Class Hours: 120 Lab Hours: 140
Cost: $1700.00 (This includes the $50.00 Non Refundable Registration Fee**)
**The $50.00 Non-Refundable Registration Fee must be paid either in Cash or in a Money Order, and must be done at the school location!!!!!
DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE IS THE THURSDAY BEFORE THE COURSE START DATE!!!!!
*For information about payment plan, click here and search for “Payment Plan Policy”.