Medical Billing & Coding
Medical Billing and Coding Technician
The Medical Billing and Coding Technician course is designed to provide students with skills that are important in billing and coding patient’s services in the Doctor’s offices, Hospitals, etc. The student will be trained in Medicaid, Medicare, Insurances, Hospitals and other claims. This course prepares graduates for certification as a Certified Medical Billing and Coding Technician.
- Must be 18 years or older at the time of enrollment
- Graduated High School Transcript/GED Transcript or Graduated College Transcript (ALL TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE HAND DELIVERED TO THE SCHOOL LOCATION. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!)
- Drivers license or Government issued Identification
- Social Security Card (Non-Laminated)
*Need to satisfy these requirements above before registering for this course.
- Completed Application (after paying either the full tuition payment, half of the tuition payment, or a quarter of the payment**)
- Criminal back ground check can be completed at Chosen Health Care Institute for $20 (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- Physical Exam completed at clinic or Physician’s office (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- TB test (can be completed at Chosen Health Care Institute for $25) (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
**Must be paid at the school location
Duration of the class: 10 weeks
Course Hours: 260 Class Hours: 120 Lab Hours: 140
*For information about payment plan, click here and search for “Payment Plan Policy”.
If Registered for this course, the deadline to confirm attending this course is one (1) week prior to the start of the course. Information on when and how to confirm attendance of this course will be given at the school location and after registration for this course.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE IS THE THURSDAY BEFORE THE COURSE START DATE!!!!!
Download Application Form
* Class dates, times, Tuition and fees, and other materials are subject to change without prior Notice.