Clinical Medical Assistant
Medical Assistants (MA) are able to complete administrative and clinical tasks in the offices of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, and other healthcare practitioners. Duties of a MA include: performing routine tasks and procedures such as measuring patients’ vital signs, administering medications and injections, recording information in medical records, preparing and handling medical instruments and supplies, collecting and preparing specimens of bodily fluids and tissues for laboratory testing. MA program is 526 hrs (combination of CNA I, Medication Aide, CNA II, Phlebotomy and EKG).
Completion of all courses, clinicals & Internship (200 hours). Students will be eligible to take NHA Exam either at Chosen Healthcare Institute Inc. or at the PSI testing center.
Requirements for Enrollment for any course offered at Chosen Healthcare:
- Must be 18 years old or older at the time of enrollment
- Two forms of ID (Government issued ID and Social Security Card)
- Graduated High School Transcript/GED Transcript or Graduated College Transcript
- Criminal back ground check (can be completed at Chosen Health Care Institute for $20 or at Mecklenburg County Court House for $25) (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- Physical Exam completed at clinic or Physician’s office (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- TB test can be completed at Chosen Health Care Institute for $20 (Had to been done within one (1) calendar year)
- Hepatitis B shot record
Duration of the program: 5 months – 9 months
Schedule: Follow the class schedules for (C.N.A. I, Medication Aide, C.N.A. II, Phlebotomy, and EKG) in this particular order.